We are many, yet we are ONE - singing with one voice joyfully unto the Lord! We strive to encourage the congregation to join us in full, conscious and active participation in the liturgy. Singing in Church also affords our youth the chance to experience Mass in a different way - one in which they are participating meaningfully as ministers of music. The choir helps our children to develop their voices, sharpen their musical skills and to sing and understand sacred music in a variety of settings - traditional and contemporary.
We sing at Masses at St. Joseph and St. Raphael churches on different Sundays. Please refer to the Sunday bulletin, or contact our Music Director for the latest schedule. We also enjoy singing at our local nursing homes, the soup kitchen and Senior Center.
New members are welcome! The YAC welcomes rising 7th graders and up. We have a great group of High School and College students who are also a part of our vibrant Youth Group. An informal audition is required but don’t be shy. You will be asked to sing “Happy Birthday” or some other simple song. Just give our director a call!
A healthy voice, a good ear and a great attitude. Commitment to attending weekly rehearsals. Our members are expected to always be good stewards of the Church by focusing on their role in the liturgy and being a good example to others.
YAC Director ~ Mike Ahern:
Youth Ministry Coordinator ~ Deacon Norm: 937-323-7523
Sunday, Sep 17 … Rehearse, 11:45am, St Raphael
· Sunday, Sep 24 … Sing at 10:30am, St Raphael (warm up at 9:45am)
· Sunday Oct 8 … Rehearse, 11:45, St Raphael
· Sunday, Oct 15 … Sing at 10:30am, St Joseph (warm up at 9:45am)
· Sunday Nov 12 … Rehearse, 11:45, St Raphael
· Saturday, Nov 18 ...Sing at 4:30pm, St Raphael (warm up at 03:45pm)
· Sunday Dec 10 … Rehearse, 11:45, St Raphael
· Sunday Dec 17 … Rehearse, 11:45, St Raphael
· Sunday, Dec 24 … Sing at 4:30pm, St Raphael (Christmas Eve) (warm up at 03:30pm)